The AIA South Carolina Design Awards Program was established to recognize projects that exemplify the very best in architecture in our state. By highlighting these projects in this way, the value of architectural design is elevated and promoted throughout the state. The 2015 AIA South Carolina Design Awards was held in Greenville last Friday and Liollio walked away with two honors.
Charleston Progressive Academy was awarded a Renovation/Adaptive Re-Use Merit Award.
- The courtyard is the whole story – an inspired response to a corner lot by creating a contained activity space surrounded by buildings full of light and energy.
- The character of the original portion of the building is obviously respected here – and improved to meet current requirements.
- The new elements are respectful to the original – the framing of the original entrance helps remind the neighborhood of their special school building.
- It is obviously well-loved.
St. Helena Library at Penn Center was awarded an Interior Architecture Honor Award.
- Ohhh – this is the one!!!!
- Great community meeting space.
- This is a beautiful project - far and away the best interiors project!